Posted 5th Oct 2017
Now is the time to embrace autumn's last hurrah as leaves begin to fall, colours fade and nuts start to flourish, providing inspiration for this month's eye-catching craft projects
1. Begin by downloading and printing our ‘Oak Leaf Brooch’ template here.
2. Cut round the two oak leaf paper shapes. Iron a small piece of grey fabric on to a fusible interface, this will strengthen the grey fabric and help prevent the edges from fraying.
3. Pin the paper leaf templates on to the grey fabric and cut round the outside. Unpin and remove the templates.
4. Use green embroidery thread to sew a running stitch detail around the outside and down the middle of each leaf. Use a little more green embroidery thread to sew the stalks of the two leaves together and then thread on and attach two wooden beads to look like acorns.
5. To finish, sew a brooch pin on to the reverse of the leaves.
Brooch pins, £2 per 10 pack, Hobbycraft
Win! A set three pocket squares worth £50!