Herdysleep is the first ‘bed-in-a-box’ concept that is traditionally tufted and hand-finished with up to 6,000 pocket springs, creating a unique sleep surface. Each mattress contains a full fleece from a Herdwick sheep. Responsibly sourced, the Herdwick wool has been blended with cotton and cashmere to create a wonderfully comfortable yet supportive top layer. Herdysleep also offers a 10-year guarantee as well as a 100-night sleep trial, so you can wake up with a smile.
The Herdwick breed, which provides the wool for the herdysleep mattresses, is perfectly adapted to survive on England’s highest mountains, reaching heady climbs of over 3,000 feet on the Cumbrian fells. As a result, Herdwick wool is more robust than most and offers fantastic support when used in a mattress – plus these lovable sheep were also kept by none other than Beatrix Potter!
Until recently the Herdwick sheep have been in danger of disappearing from the uplands. This is because the fleeces were not considered valuable on the open market. Prices for fleeces were falling and the farming of Herdwick sheep had become increasingly unsustainable. Some farmers even resorted to disposing of the wool as the cost to transport the goods to market could no longer be covered by its sale price. Herdysleep have since committed to pay the farmer twice the current market rate for Herdwick wool, supporting the Lake District economy and ensuring that a local heritage is kept alive.
From the Herdwick wool to quality cashmere and cotton, these natural fibres are key components in every herdysleep mattress and are excellent at regulating body temperature all year round. Wool also has the added benefit of being naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic too. The micro-sized pocket springs have been specifically developed for herdysleep, and with up to 6,000 in every mattress, they will perfectly mould to every contour of the body to create a cloud-like comfort.
Finally, herdysleep will remove your old mattress and recycle it responsibly, allowing you to sleep with peace of mind, in complete comfort. Did we also mention you get a free Little Herdy toy with each herdysleep mattress too?!
Visit www.herdysleep.com to find out more.
For a chance to win this fantastic prize simply answer the below question correctly:
1) The competition will open on 7th September 2017 and will close on 31st October 2017.
2) It is the responsibility of entrants to check thoroughly the terms and conditions that apply to each competition (available on www.landlove.com or via post as set out below).
3)The prize is one £999 king-size mattress and two peep mugs, each worth £11.50, delivered to the winner within eight weeks of the competition closing.
4) Hubert Burda Media accepts no liability for any aspect of the prize to the fullest extent permitted by UK law. There is no cash alternative, the prize is not transferable and it may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
5) The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize includes delivery but not installation.
6) Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions. In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter and prize supplier reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7) Proof of postage is not proof of receipt.
8) By entering you are giving permission for Hubert Burda Media UK and the competition prize provider to contact you.
9) Only one entry per person. Entrants suspected of submitting multiple entries may have all their entries rejected.
10) The competition is open to anyone in the UK over the age of 18, apart from employees of Hubert Burda Media UK and any other companies involved in the competition, including employees of Herdysleep, their families, associated agents or anyone else who is directly connected with the creation or administration of such competitions.
11) The Editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) The winner will be selected at random from all correct entries received.
13) Whilst every effort is made to ensure prizes are consistent with those offered, we reserve the right to change prizes in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If any prize winner cannot take a prize for any reason, including by reason of inconvenient dates, ill health, inability to travel etc., then Hubert Burda Media UK may seek an alternative prize winner who is able to receive the prize in the manner offered and shall be under no obligation to change the prize or offer any alternative.
14) Hubert Burda Media UK reserves the right to take action (including any legal action it considers appropriate) against any person in breach of any term or condition of any competition.
15) Hubert Burda Media UK may change the terms and conditions that apply to any competition at its discretion. Any such changes may be posted on the LandLove website or otherwise notified to entrants. It is the responsibility of entrants to check thoroughly the terms and conditions that apply to each competition.
16) There is no provision for third party offers or codes in conjunction with this offer. Reproduction of this competition in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Hubert Burda Media UK reserves the right to prosecute any offending parties.
17) Winners must be willing to participate in publicity if required.
Win! A set three pocket squares worth £50!