Posted 31st Aug 2016 by Peter Byrne
Tomorrow marks the International Day of the Orchid (September 1st). A great way to brighten up both the home and the garden, orchids are a good source of instant colour and fit in well with the summer interior trends. These five quick and easy tips will help style your home with the plant.
1. You can continue to fit into this year's colour trends by injecting subtle ochre gold and soft pink around the home, by using Catteyas or Phalarnopsis orchids.
2. Why not try something different to just using individual orchids? Instead, try creating a cluster in a series of bold pots.
3. Return to a natural vibe by introducing green and leafy orchids around the home.
4. Don't limit yourself to just using the orchid indoors. Instead, why not try a Garden Orchid? This can withstand the outdoors, and provides a stunning flower in the summer months.
5. You can make a statement with a variety of pots. The brighter the pot, the better.