Posted 13th Sep 2016
To celebrate Roald Dahl Day (13th September) and the centenary of his birth, we've got a little quiz for you to try...(answers are at the bottom)
1. What does The BFG stand for?
2. In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory what creatures help Willy Wonka?
3. In James and the Giant Peach what are the names of the two aunts?
4. In James and the Giant Peach how many legs does The Centipede actually have?
5. What was the first children's book that Dahl wrote?
6. How many children does Mr Fox have in Fantastic Mr Fox?
7. In The Twits what are the name of the family of pet monkeys?
8. What is the name of the headmistress in Matilda?
9. In The Witches what society are the British witches masquerading as when they converge at the Bournemouth hotel?
10. By the end of George's Marvellous Medicine, what has happened to his grandma?
Answers are below - how did you do?
1. The Big Friendly Giant
2. Oompa Loompas
3. Aunt Spiker and Aunt Sponge
5. The Gremlins
8. Agatha Trunchball
9. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
10. She has shrunk so much that she has vanished.