Posted 2nd Mar 2017
Easter is a time of new beginnings and new life. From freshly laid eggs and fluffy chicks to early spring growth, there’s so much to inspire you to make our adorable craft projects celebrating all that’s good about Easter
1. Begin by downloading our template here.
2. Print the template directly on to a sheet of A4 paper and cut out the shapes. Fold some wool felt fabric in half and pin the paper body and the wing pattern pieces on top. With right sides up, pin one wing on the side of each body piece – you can use the pattern as a guide if you wish. Stitch each wing in place with a sewing machine or by hand.
3. Next pin the two body pieces together. Pin the crown paper pattern onto a piece of double folded dark red felt and the beak to a piece of folded brown felt. Cut them out. Position the beak and crown between the two main body pieces and pin together with right sides facing in. Stitch the back and front of the main body together; include the beak and crown as you work round, leave the bottom open. Turn right sides out.
4. The crown is cut from two pieces of felt and these are designed to open or part as the cosy is in use. Sew a small stitch or two at the end of the beak to keep the felt together.
5. Lastly stitch a button eye on to each side of the head.