Posted 16th May 2017
With half term looming, it's the perfect time to try to make some of these flavoursome fillers
Chocolate and Orange Jam Jar
You will need
2 egg yolks
60g dark chocolate – melted
120ml whipping cream
4tbsp Bonne Maman Fine Shred Orange Marmalade.
1. Beat the egg yolks in a bowl. Heat the sugar in a saucepan with 10ml water. When the syrup has reached 120ºc, pour it onto the egg yolks. Continue to beat while the mixture cools, then add the melted chocolate. Whisk the whipping cream into peaks and gently fold into the mixture.
2. Divide the mousse between two jam jars and refrigerate for two hours. Spoon a thick, even layer or Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade over the mousse to serve.
Yoghurt, Blackcurrant and Caramel Jam Jar
You will need
2 pots natural yoghurt
2tbsp Bonne Maman Blackcurrant Conserve.
1. Heat the sugar and 120ml water in a saucepan and simmer until the syrup has turned golden brown.
2. Remove from the heat. Pour the mixture onto a sheet of greased greaseproof paper. And leave to harden.
3. Divide the yoghurt between the jam jars and top with Blackcurrant Conserve and shards of caramel.
Caramel Spread Ice Cream, Caramelised Apples and Praline Brittle Jam Jars
55g sugar - plus extra for dusting
30g roasted hazelnuts
Half an apple – sliced
Toffee ice cream
2tbsp Bonne Maman Caramel Spread.
1. Heat the sugar in a saucepan on a low heat with 20ml water. Stir until the syrup turns a light brown colour. Remove from the heat. Arrange roasted hazelnuts on a lightly greased baking tray, pour over the caramel mixture and allow to harden.
2. Break into different sized pieces. Lightly brown the sliced apple in some butter on a low heat and duxt with sugar.
3. Scoop balls of ice cream into two jam jars and top with the caramelized apple slices and hazelnut brittle. Warm the Caramel Spread in a saucepan and then drizzle this over the contents of the two jam jars.
Recipes courtesy of Bonne Maman