Posted 7th Sep 2017
This month the colourful autumn harvest has inspired us to get crafting, from felted brooches to a rustic flower arrangement, there’s plenty to inspire you for the season ahead
1. Begin by measuring the height and diameter of the main body of your flask. Cut one piece of felt to these measurements for the base of the wrap, then cut a second piece 1cm smaller for the outer top layer.
2. Pin the two fabrics together then machine or hand stitch round the outside of the smaller fabric to join them together. We used a contrasting black thread.
3. Download and print our ‘Pumpkin Flask’ template here.
4. Cut out the pumpkin and small leaf shapes. Pin the pumpkin template on to a piece of orange linen or cotton, and the leaf shapes on to some green linen or cotton. Cut round the templates and remove the pins.
5. Pin the pumpkin centrally on top of the grey felt. Stitch round the outside then sew several small vertical lines to add detail to the stalk and a few more on the body of the pumpkin.
6. Next, pin the leaves around the top of the pumpkin. Fix these in place with a small row of stitches along the middle of each leaf. For the trailing stalks, use a few small lengths of rustic string. Pin the string in place so it curls from the top of each side of the pumpkin to each leaf base. Stitch the string in place with small hidden stitches. To finish, stitch three snap fasteners on to each edge of the flask wrap.
6mm snap fasteners, £1.50 per pack of 12, Hobbycraft.