Posted 13th Apr 2015
To celebrate National Gardening Week (13th to 19th May), Simon Glanville, managing director of STORE, gives us his top tips to make the best of your outdoor space
Get your garden groomed
1. If you’re struggling for space, invest in wall (or drainpipe) mounted plant pots and hanging baskets. These help to create space in smaller gardens and add new layers of structure and colour.Free up valuable space on your patio and lawn with pop-up moveable greenhouses, composters or water butts.
2. For the wildlife lovers, the warmer weather is a perfect opportunity to start attracting animals to your garden with innovative products such as bird feeders, bee houses and hedgehog huts.
3. Kids love playing in the garden so it’s essential that they can play safely. Store tools in a safe place and ensure potentially hazardous hosepipes are safely rolled up and wall mounted.
Sharpen up your shed
1. If you're looking to save on space in the shed, think vertically and opt for hanging racks to make the most of ceiling and wall space for all your garden tools and furniture. This system will also put an end to your endless searching for that ‘lost’ trowel!
2. We all need tools to keep the garden tidy, but not everyone has the space or the budget for a shed. There are a number of fantastic storage tents on the market, which are cheap, will endure the elements and are easy to assemble. For those with green fingers, similar mini green house solutions are also available.
Organise your outdoor living
1. Summer is a great time to entertain in your garden and show off all of your hard work. It’s worth investing in some products to add that extra something to BBQs and garden parties to really impress your guests.
2. If you enjoy al fresco dining, you might consider covers for garden furniture to help protect it from the unpredictable English weather.
To browse garden storage essentials from STORE visit their website, www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk.
By Simon Glanville
Images courtesy of STORE