Posted 14th Mar 2016
Make this fun little stuffed bunny for Easter from Simplicity, it’s fast and simple to sew
To make you’ll need:
Simplicity pattern 1549, view B
½m of 115cm wide fabric for upper body
½m of 115cm wide fabric for lower body
5cm square fabric remnant for ear appliqué
10cm x 12.5cm felt remnant for nose appliqué
Thread and needle
Stuffing - polyester
This project is suitable fabrics for this project include cotton and cotton blends.
Steps to prepare
1. Using the layout for view B, cut the pattern pieces out from your chosen fabrics.
Steps to make
1. On RIGHT side of head front piece, use straight stitch to make eyes and mouth. Pin nose appliqué piece to head front where marked, stitching close to outer edge.
2. With RIGHT sides together, pin one contrast body section to lower edge of head front and matching notches. Stitch together.
3. To make ears – On RIGHT side of ear section, pin ear appliqué, where marked. Using a zigzag stitch, sew along the outer edge of the appliqué piece.
4. With RIGHT sides together, pin remaining ear sections together and sew together leaving bottom end open at the dots. Clip curves.
5. Turn ears RIGHT side out. Press. With RIGHT sides together, pin ears to head with appliqué side down and match small dots and sew.
6. To make arms and legs – With RIGHT sides together, stitch arms and leg sections together, leaving bottom end open at the dots. Clip curves.
7. Turn arms and legs RIGHT sides out; press. Stuff lightly.
8. Stitch ends closed. With RIGHT sides together, sew arms and legs to body front, matching large and small dots on both arm and leg pieces.
9. With RIGHT sides together, and arms and leg pieces folded inside, pin remaining body and head sections together, matching notches. Sew together.
10. With RIGHT sides together, stitch front to back, leaving an opening in lower edge for turning, be careful not to catch in free ends of ears, arms and legs. Clip curves.
11. Turn bunny RIGHT side. Stuff through opening and blind stitch opening closed.
For more patterns, visit Simplicity, www.simplicitynewlook.com.