We are giving away 10 copies of Laura Mason's book of recipes packed full of ideas for your own summer get together.
In Britain, afternoon tea is a national pastime. From traditional scones and small sandwiches to modern classics such as macrons, meringue and much more, the National Trust have assembled the perfect collection of recipes for sitting down with your afternoon cuppa, a more formal occasion or even a cocktail or two with friends. From cucumber sandwiches to jam and scones, the ‘Book of Afternoon Tea’ is full of recipes that go perfectly with a cup of tea. And with over 100 tearooms across the country, the National Trust knows a thing or two about it.
From sandwiches and tarts to cakes, scones, macaroons and preserves – some are classic, some have a twist, such as cucumber sandwiches with minted cream cheese, toasted farmhouse bread with anchovy butter, the classic Victoria sponge, brandy snaps or scones. Plus there’s everything you need to know to brew the perfect pot of tea (not to mention the odd cocktail and bowl of punch).
Food historian Laura Mason also includes some fascinating and amusing historical recipes that reveal how afternoon tea was taken in times gone by and the origins of some of our beloved dishes.
For your chance to enter, simply answer the question below:
3) It is the responsibility of entrants to check thoroughly the terms and conditions that apply to each competition (available onor via post as set out below). Entrants must be 18 or over.
4) Hubert Burda Media accepts no liability for any aspect of the prize to the fullest extent permitted by UK law. There is no cash alternative, the prize is not transferable and it may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
5) The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize includes delivery but not installation.
6) Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions. In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter and prize supplier reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7) Proof of postage is not proof of receipt.
8) By entering you are giving permission for Hubert Burda Media UK and the competition prize provider to contact you.
9) Only one entry per person. Entrants suspected of submitting multiple entries may have all their entries rejected.
10) The competition is open to anyone in the UK over the age of 18, apart from employees of Hubert Burda Media UK and any other companies involved in the competition, including employees of Fenetic, their families, associated agents or anyone else who is directly connected with the creation or administration of such competitions.
11) The Editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) The winner will be selected at random from all correct entries received.
13) Whilst every effort is made to ensure prizes are consistent with those offered, we reserve the right to change prizes in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If any prize winner cannot take a prize for any reason, including by reason of inconvenient dates, ill health, inability to travel etc., then Hubert Burda Media UK may seek an alternative prize winner who is able to receive the prize in the manner offered and shall be under no obligation to change the prize or offer any alternative.
14) Hubert Burda Media UK reserves the right to take action (including any legal action it considers appropriate) against any person in breach of any term or condition of any competition.
15) Hubert Burda Media UK may change the terms and conditions that apply to any competition at its discretion. Any such changes may be posted on the LandLove website or otherwise notified to entrants. It is the responsibility of entrants to check thoroughly the terms and conditions that apply to each competition.
16) There is no provision for third party offers or codes in conjunction with this offer. Reproduction of this competition in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Hubert Burda Media UK reserves the right to prosecute any offending parties.
17) Winners must be willing to participate in publicity if required.