6 Dr. Oetker edible wafer cupcake cases
65g baking margarine, softened
65g caster sugar
1 teaspoon Dr. Oetker Sicilian lemon natural extract
1 large egg, beaten
75g self raising flour
100g lemon curd
Icing sugar to dust
150g Dr. Oetker Regal-Ice ready-to-roll white icing
Dr. Oetker ultra violet gel food colour
Dr. Oetker violet crystals
Edible flowers such as violas (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Arrange the edible wafer cupcake cases spaced apart on a baking tray.
2. Put the margarine, sugar, lemon extract and egg in a bowl. Sift the flour on top and then beat all the ingredients together using an electric whisk until well blended.
3. Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases. Smooth the tops and bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until risen, lightly golden and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Using a small spoon, scoop out a piece of sponge from the centre of each cake and fill with some of the lemon curd. Replace the scooped out cake on top.
5. To decorate, dust the work surface lightly with icing sugar. Gently knead the Regal-Ice for a few seconds to soften, then flatten slightly and add a few drops of violet gel food colour on top of the icing. Fold the icing over the colour to enclose it and carefully knead it into the icing until evenly mixed. Repeat the process, adding more colour until you achieve the desired shade.
6. Roll out the Regal-Ice thinly. Using a 7cm crinkle-edged round cutter, cut out 6 circles, re-rolling as necessary. Brush the top of each cake with the remaining lemon curd and stick the icing on top to completely cover the cake.
7. Using your fingertips, gently rub and smooth out the icing over the cake.
8. Brush the tops with a little water and sprinkle with violet crystals. Decorate with a fresh edible flower if using.
Recipe courtesy of www.oetker.co.uk