6 Dr. Oetker edible wafer cupcake cases
65g baking margarine, softened
65g caster sugar
1 teaspoon Dr. Oetker Madagascan vanilla natural extract
1 large egg, beaten
75g self-raising flour
Dr. Oetker rainbow popping candy
Dr. Oetker vanilla Easy Swirl cupcake icing
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Arrange the edible wafer cupcake cases spaced apart on a baking tray.
2. Put the margarine, sugar, vanilla extract and egg in a bowl. Sift the flour on top and then beat all of the ingredients together using an electric whisk until well blended.
3. Divide the mixture between the edible wafer cupcake cases. Smooth the tops and bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until risen, lightly golden and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. To decorate, using a small spoon, scoop out a piece of sponge from the centre of each cake and fill with rainbow popping candy. Replace the scooped out cake on top, trimming if necessary, to snugly fit the top of the cake again.
5. Follow the directions on the can of Easy Swirl. Starting in the middle of a cake, pipe the icing round in an anti-clockwise direction to cover the top of the cake then continue piping round to form a swirl on top.
6. Just before serving, sprinkle the cakes with a few more pieces of rainbow popping candy.
Recipe courtesy of www.oetker.co.uk