225g caster sugar
150g ground almonds
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
300ml light olive oil
6 eggs, beaten
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 cinnamon stick
2 tbsp Duerr’s Orange Marmalade
1 tbsp Golden Syrup
Caramelised orange slices
1. Mix the breadcrumbs, sugar, almonds and baking powder together in a large bowl.
2. Beat in the oil, eggs, marmalade, plus orange and lemon zest.
3. Pour the mixture into a well-greased and lined 8inch/ 20cm springform tin and put into a cold oven.
4. Turn oven to 170˚C fan / 190 ˚C conventional and bake for 40 – 50 minutes, covering the cake with foil if it starts to get too dark.
5. Cool for 5 minutes and then turn onto a plate.
6. Make the syrup by heating the juice of 1 orange, ½ lemon, 1 tbsp Golden Syrup, 2 tbsp Duerr’s Orange Marmalade and 1 cinnamon stick. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick.
7. Pierce the cake all over using a skewer and spoon over the syrup.
8. To make the caramelised orange slices for decoration, heat a tablespoon of sugar with a tablespoon of water in a frying pan, heat over a medium/high heat until bubbling. Drop in the orange slices for 2-3 minutes and then remove and leave to harden before placing on the cake.
Recipe courtesy of Duerr's