200g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
150g caster sugar
1 large egg
Flaked almonds, to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/Gas Mark 6.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave, and set it aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, bicarb, sugar and salt. In a measuring jug, beat together the milk, egg and melted butter.
4. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Fold in the raspberries, but don't mix them to much, or the mixture will turn pink.
6. Put paper muffin cases in a muffin tray. Then, spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Bake for 25 minutes until cooked through.
7. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds towards the end of cooking and serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.bacofoil.co.uk