150ml cold water
50g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
80g strong white plain flour
1 teaspoon caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
For the filling:
225g Rachel’s low fat strawberry yoghurt
300ml double cream
For the icing:
500g icing sugar
Few drops of pink food colouring
1. Pre-heat oven to 200ºC/392ºF/Gas Mark 6. Add the water to the pan together with the butter. Sieve the flour and keep to one side. Allow the butter to melt and when the mixture comes to the boil remove from the heat immediately and add the flour.
2. Vigorously mix the flour mix and sugar with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer if preferred. Beat until you have a smooth paste and it has left the sides of the saucepan. Then beat in the eggs one by one until you have a smooth glossy paste.
3. Line and grease one baking tray with baking parchment. Place the choux pastry into a piping bag with a plain nozzle 1cm and pipe lengths approximately 6-7cm.
4. Bake the éclairs on a high shelf of the oven for 10 minutes and then increase the temperature of the oven to 220ºC/Gas Mark 7 for a further 10 minutes until golden and puffed up.
5. Remove them from the baking tray to a cooling rack and make a small slit in each to let the steam escape.
6. For the filling, whip together the yoghurt and cream until stiff. Using another piping bag, pipe the cream and yoghurt mixture into the side of each éclair.
7. To prepare the fondant icing beat together the icing sugar, water and food colouring and mix until smooth and glossy. Either pipe down each éclair or dip the tops in the icing letting the excess dribble down.
Recipe courtesy of www.rachelsorganic.co.uk