150g plain flour
100g caster sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
100g soft butter
5 tablespoons Belvoir cranberry cordial
2 large eggs
For the icing:
225g icing sugar
75g soft butter
2 tablespoons Belvoir cranberry cordial
Pink sprinkles to decorate
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC Fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a 12-hole deep muffin tin with large paper cases and place the tin on a baking tray.
2. Sift the flour, sugar and baking powder together into a large bowl. Add the butter, cordial and egg, then use an electric whisk on slow to blend the mixture together. Once it has come together whisk on top speed for 1 minute.
3. Divide the mixture between the cases, filling each two thirds full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and firm to the touch. Cool in the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. For the frosting: Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl, add the butter and cranberry cordial and use the electric whisk on slow, to bring the ingredients together. Then increase the speed and whisk for 1 minute or until the mixture is fluffy.
5. Use a round bladed knife to spread, or piping bag fitted with a star shaped nozzle, to pipe each cupcake with the icing and decorate with sprinkles or your choice of topping.
Recipe courtesy of www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk