250g butter, at room temperature
100g pistachios, roasted but not salted
100g ground almonds
200g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
Juice and zest of an orange
For the passionfruit icing:
50g butter, at room temperature
150g cream cheese
75g icing sugar
1 passion fruit (or passion fruit curd)
1 tablespoon Lizi's Passionfruit & Pistachio Granola
1. Butter and line a 20cm cake tin. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/160º Fan. Mix the butter and sugar with a hand-held blender or a stand alone mixer.
2. After about three minutes of whizzing, add the pistachios, almonds, flour, baking powder and the yoghurt. Beat well until everything is mixed.
3. Then, add the eggs, one at a time.
4. Pour the batter into the lined cake tin and put in the oven for around 50 minutes, until a skewer comes out of the cake clean. Leave to cool and make the icing.
5. With an electric whisk, cream the butter until it is pale. Add the cream cheese, whisk some more and then whisk in the icing sugar. Cut the passion fruit in half, and sieve the juice into the icing. You could put the seeds in too, but for something a bit simpler just the juice will do (or a tablespoon of passionfruit curd). Stir and then, using a knife, spread the icing on to the cake. Crumble the granola over the top for a yummy crunch.
Recipe courtesy of The Crumbs Sisters & Lizi’s Granola