1kg potatoes, a mashing variety such as King Edward
80g Rachel’s natural yoghurt
Salt & pepper
500g cooked vegetables or a packet of prepared vegetables
Olive oil, for frying
Slices of streaky bacon, to serve
1. Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and return the potatoes to the hot pan. Allow the potatoes to dry a little before mashing.
2. Add the butter and mash well until smooth, stir in the yoghurt and season.
3. Add the vegetables and continue to mash.
4. Form the mixture into cakes and fry in a shallow frying pan with a little olive oil until crisp and golden. If the mixture is too wet, add a little plain flour to your hands as you are making the fritters.
5. Fry in batches and transfer to a baking sheet, keeping the fritters warm in the oven if necessary.
6. Serve with crispy bacon slices.
Recipe courtesy of www.rachelsorganic.co.uk