For the citrus dressing:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
2 Fresh Oranges (blood oranges are the best if in season), peel, de-pith & segment or slice
2 Red Belgian endives, sliced
Fresh pomegranate seeds
1. Boil the rice according to instructions then leave to cool.
2. Drizzle the onion wedges with olive oil and lightly roast or grill. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper then leave to cool.
3. Remove the skin from the smoked duck breast. Score the skin, lightly season and pop under the grill until crisp, meanwhile slice the duck breast very thinly.
4. Once cool, cut the skin into strips with scissors to use as croutons.
5. Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a jug.
6. Finally compile the salad ingredients on a large platter or in individual bowls and drizzle over the dressing before serving with the duck and rice.
Recipe courtesy of Black Mountains Smokery
Image courtesy of Graham Norton