1. Wash the carrots, but don't peel. Line a baking tray with a large sheet of a tin foil. Place the carrots into the middle of the foil and then add butter, ginger slices, thyme, tarragon garlic and orange peel. Season with salt and pepper and then seal with the tin foil.
2. Place into the oven at 180°C and bake for 40 minutes until cooked through.
500g carrots peeled and chopped evenly
Freshly juiced ginger
Salt & pepper
1. Take the carrots and place them onto a tray and season lightly with salt. Place in a steamer and cook until completely soft and cooked through.
2. Remove and place into a blender and blend to a fine smooth purée, pass through a sieve. Add the ginger juice to taste and season with salt and pepper.
Carrot and Ginger Vinaigrette:
50g carrot purée
20ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
70ml carrot juice freshly extracted
15g ginger juice
70ml rapeseed oil
1/3 juice of a lemon
Pinch of ground cinnamon
Salt & pepper
1. Place carrot purée into a bowl and whisk in the carrot and ginger juice. Add a pinch of cinnamon.
50g coriander leaves (same recipe for all soft herbs)
500ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the coriander leaves and the olive oil into a saucepan and heat to 80ºC and then pour into a blender.
2. Place the lid on top and start the blender, once going remove the lid and blend for 3 minutes. Pass through a sieve lined with muslin cloth and leave to drain.
1. Take 300g of marmalade and place into blender and blend to a fine purée, remove and place into a bowl.
1. Take a spoon of marmalade purée and in a swirling action dress onto the plate. Slice the carrots in half and dress 6 whole carrots per plate making the angles interesting and ensure you get some height.
2. Cut the scallops in half and in a non-stick pan heat some olive oil. Season the scallops on one side with salt and pepper and place into the hot pan and colour one side. Flip them over and add a squeeze of lemon juice, remove and place onto a tray.
3. Place 4 scallops in and around the carrots, then take your carrot and ginger purée and spoon three dollops onto the plate.
4. Now spoon on some coriander oil and then some carrot vinaigrette. Dress the chervil and carrot tops with a little rapeseed oil then dress around the plate before finishing with some micro coriander.