100g washed spinach leaves
200g grated Cheddar
50g parmesan, grated
200ml double cream
Salt & pepper to season
1. Cook the spinach in a pot of boiling water for 20 seconds, then quickly run under cold water to blanch them. Divide the spinach equally between the 4 pots.
2. Mix the cheese and cream together (holding back a little of the parmesan) and cook in a saucepan over a low heat to make a thick sauce, stirring continuously.
3. Divide this mixture equally between 4 cooking pots. There should be approx. an inch of sauce.
4. Crack the eggs and pour one into each pot. Season with a little salt & pepper.
5. Place in a pre-heated oven at 140ºC for 20 minutes.
6. When the egg has just gone white (yolk should still be runny), sprinkle a little parmesan on top and place under a grill to melt the parmesan, then serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.thehappyegg.co.uk