100g rolled oats
¼ teaspoon cinnamon, plus extra for serving
200g blueberries, fresh or frozen
3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
Pinch of salt
2 large ready-cooked (vacuum pack) beetroot, chopped
Yoghurt, to serve
Chopped walnuts, to serve
1. Bring the water to the boil in a medium-sized saucepan and tip in the rolled oats and cinnamon.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all water is absorbed.
3. While the oats are cooking, in a separate pan, combine the blueberries, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Cover the pan and place on a medium heat.
4. Bring the mixture to the boil then uncover and allow the blueberries to cook gently until soft and the juice around the blueberries is thick, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the chopped beetroot and continue cooking just until the beetroot is hot. Add the desired amount of oatmeal and blueberry-beet sauce to bowls. Serve with plain yoghurt and chopped walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk