150g of kale, tough stalks removed
1 large sweet potato or 2 smaller ones
1 large free-range egg
Salt & pepper
3 tablespoons The Groovy Food Company organic virgin coconut oil, melted
8 rashers streaky bacon
5 large free-range eggs
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2-3 tablespoons The Groovy Food Company rich and dark agave nectar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan. For the sweet potato and kale rosti, blanch the kale in boiling water, drain and refresh under cold water then squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Chop and tip into a bowl.
2. Coarsely grate the sweet potato and add to the bowl with one of the eggs. Season and mix together. Add 1 tablespoon of the melted coconut oil and mix well.
3. Heat a large frying pan over a medium high heat and add the remaining coconut oil. Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil and press down to create flat little cakes.
4. Fry until golden then flip over to brown on the other side. Transfer to a baking sheet and continue cooking the rest of the mixture. Once they are all browned, put the baking sheet in the oven to cook them through for about 15 minutes.
5. Put the bacon on a separate baking sheet and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
6. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil then reduce to a bare simmer. Crack each egg into a ramekin and add a teaspoon of vinegar. Slide each egg into the water and poach for 3-4 minutes until the white is set. Remove with a slotted spoon.
7. Serve each rosti topped with the bacon and a poached egg and with a good drizzle of dark agave nectar.
Recipe created exclusively for The Groovy Food by Lisa Faulkner