2. Place the shallots in an ovenproof dish and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil and dot with the butter. Season with sea salt and black pepper and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the dish from the oven and add the butternut squash, making sure the vegetables are well coated with the oil and butter mixture. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan over a moderate heat and add the garlic. Cook for one minute taking care not to burn the garlic.
5. Add the chilli, rosemary, parsley and the orange zest, stirring all the time. When thoroughly mixed add the breadcrumbs and season. Cook for a further minute then take off the heat and set aside.
6. Remove the shallots and squash from the oven and reduce the heat to 180ºC. Spread the breadcrumb mixture over the top and return to the oven for a further 25-30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are a deep golden colour.
Recipe courtesy of www.UKShallot.com