For the sweetened cream cheese:
200g cream cheese at room temperature
50g softened butter
200g icing sugar
½ teaspoon Dr. Oetker Madagascan vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the baking cases into a cupcake tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
5. To make the sweetened cream cheese beat together the cream cheese and butter until
smooth. Add the vanilla extract and gradually beat in the icing sugar.
6. Using a palette knife or piping bag, cover the top of the cupcakes with a liberal helping of the sweetened cream cheese.
7. To decorate, cut the banana into diagonal slices and place a couple on top of the cream cheese.
8. For the finishing touch, drizzle the toffee sauce over the top of the cupcake.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Oetker