125g Dr. Oetker fine cooks' dark chocolate
Dr. Oetker sugar stars
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC/170°C fan assisted oven/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Line a cupcake tin with 10 cupcake cases. In a mixing bowl, beat the margarine with the sugar until pale and creamy in texture.
2. Gradually whisk the eggs into the mixture, then sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and add them to the egg mixture. Add the chocolate chips and carefully fold the dry ingredients into the egg mix.
3. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 16-18 minutes until risen and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. To decorate, break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of
barely simmering water to melt. Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix the chocolate with a wooden spoon - keep the bowl over the water to prevent the chocolate from beginning to set.
5. Carefully top each cupcake with the melted chocolate. Gently tap the cake on the work surface to smooth the chocolate and sprinkle with Sugar Stars. Cover all of the cakes and allow them to set for a few minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Oetker