For the cream cheese frosting:
125g Unsalted Lurpak® Baking Butter
200g firm, full-fat cream cheese, drained of any liquid
250g icing sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC and grease a muffin tin generously with Lurpak baking butter. Sift together the flour, spices, baking powder and salt.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a mixer until light and fluffy, starting on a low speed, gradually increasing to high. Add the eggs and continue to beat on a medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients until it forms a thick, smooth batter, fold in the pecans and banana pulp and divide the mixture between the muffin tin holes.
4. Scatter the top of each cake with pecans and bake on the middle shelf for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the cake's centre. Leave in the tins for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Pipe a dollop of the frosting on top of the cake (optional), then top the cooled cake with some edible flowers, desiccated coconut or banana chips.
For the frosting:
Beat the Lurpak baking butter for 4-5 minutes, then add the cream cheese and beat for another 2 minutes. Add the icing sugar and vanilla and beat for another 2 minutes until smooth and evenly incorporated . You can add a further 50-100g of icing sugar for a firmer frosting if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Lily Vanilli for www.lurpak.co.uk