Zest of 2 Jaffa oranges
225g rolled porridge oats
100g dried fruit
50g roughly chopped almonds (skin on)
25g sesame seeds
25g crispy cereal
75ml sunflower oil
75g runny honey
50g light muscovado sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan), and line an 8 inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sunflower seeds, orange zest, dried fruit, almonds, sesame seeds and crispy cereal together until combined.
3. Now pour the sunflower oil, honey and sugar into a small pan and melt together on a medium heat until boiling.
4. Stir the hot liquid mix into the dry ingredients straightaway, stirring until everything is coated.
5. Pour out into the tin you prepared earlier, pressing it down firmly.
6. Bake in the oven for 30/35 minutes, until golden. It may help to mark the lines where you’ll cut your bars into shape whilst they’re still warm. Leave to cool and then remove to a board and cut into 18 bars.
7. The bars should keep for about a week in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Jaffa