4 medium eggs, separated
2 heaped tablespoons cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
100g golden caster sugar
Pinch of cream of tartar
100ml reduced fat double cream
100ml Greek yoghurt
6 tablespoons Streamline Black Cherry Jam
200g seasonal fruit
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan/Gas Mark 6. Grease a 32cm x 23cm Swiss-roll tin with a little oil and line with greaseproof paper. Whisk the egg yolks until they’re thick and creamy, then slowly beat in the cocoa and half the sugar.
2. In a clean bowl, with clean whisks, beat the egg whites to soft peaks, then gradually add the remaining sugar and the cream of tartar.
3. Gently fold the yolk mixture into the whites with a metal spoon until well combined then pour into the prepared tin, making sure it spreads into the corners. Bake for 15 minutes until it’s cooked through and springs back when you gently press it in the centre.
4. Turn the cooked sponge out onto a large sheet of greaseproof paper dusted with cocoa powder. If the edges look a little crisp, trim them off, then roll it up carefully and leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. Meanwhile, whip the double cream to soft peaks and stir in the Greek yoghurt. When the sponge has completely cooled, unroll gently and spread with Streamline Black Cherry jam.
6. Spread over the cream mixture and top with fruit (keep some for decorating).
7. Roll the sponge back up taking care not to squeeze out the filling. Dust with some extra cocoa powder and decorate with any leftover fruit.
Recipe courtesy of www.streamlinefoods.co.uk