130g granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 lemon, finely grated zest
400g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
200g frozen raspberries
For the frosting:
50g butter, at room temperature
250g icing sugar
1 tablespoon Santa Maria pink peppercorns, crushed
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
100g soft cream cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Beat the eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy.
2. Melt the butter and stir it into the mixture together with milk and finely grated lemon zest.
3. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the mixture. Then add the raspberries and stir.
4. Place cupcake cases on a baking tray and fill them with the mixture. Bake in the centre of the oven for approx. 15 minutes or until golden brown (poke a skewer into a cupcake; it should be completely dry when you pull it out).
5. For the frosting beat the butter, icing sugar, pink peppercorns and lemon juice to a creamy consistency. Fold in the cream cheese. Spread the frosting onto each cupcake and sprinkle with crushed pink peppercorns on top.
Recipe courtesy of www.santamariafoodservice.co.uk