240ml Original Almond Breeze®
Plain flour, for dusting
1 tsp. baking soda
375g self-raising flour
1 tbsp. crème fraîche
80g butter, softened
Jam and cream
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Lightly dust plain flour over a flat baking tray. Sift self-raising flour into a large bowl then add baking soda.
2. Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour. The mixture will be ready when it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Make a well in the centre and add Almond Breeze®. Stir with a flat-bladed knife until mixture makes a soft dough. Pour in the crème fraîche.
4. Turn mixture onto a lightly floured bread board. Knead gently until smooth – remember doing this too long will make your scones tough.
5. Pat dough into a 2cm-thick round. Cut out 16 rounds using a 5cm round cutter.
6. Lay scones 1cm apart onto a prepared baking tray. Sprinkle over a little plain flour.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Put scones on a wire rack.
8. Serve warm with jam and cream.
Recipe courtesy of Blue Diamond Almond